The client journey and your successes are what drives the product team here at Social Solutions. We know how important your work is for our communities, and as your partner, we want to ensure that Apricot provides the level of service you need day-in and day-out.
The best way for us to improve the Apricot experience is to hear directly from you, our users! Your voices matter a great deal to us. We use your feedback to understand pain points, discover new ideas and unearth opportunities that will best empower your organization and those who depend on your services. One way you can directly communicate with our product team is right in Apricot using our Client Ideas Portal.
Today, we want to share just how easy it is to use our Ideas Portal to suggest product improvements and vote on suggestions that would benefit you and your team. Continue reading to learn how you can join the conversation.
Not Just a Digital Suggestion Box
Our ideas portal is a tool for direct collaboration between our product development team and our clients. But that’s not all.
This portal isn’t just a suggestion box; it’s a community. When you submit feedback, you play an active role in influencing which ideas get built and priority to get them done. You will be directly engaging with our Product team in dialogue while sharing your experiences, ideas, frustrations and solutions with other Apricot users all in one place.
Ultimately, this is where we encourage you to use your voice and engage with the Apricot community because the more we hear from you, the better Apricot will be.
It’s Simple, Here How It Works:
We’re all about ease of use, so now you can give feedback from Apricot in just a few clicks. To access the Ideas Portal:
Locate “Submit an Idea” on Side Navigation Menu
This will direct you to a personalized homepage where you can submit new ideas, view other submissions and prioritize what is most important to you.
From the homepage, click “Add a New Idea.” You will then answer five questions and upload screenshots.
Make sure to provide as much information as you can and stress the why behind your idea. We recommend including a short, clear and powerful title for your idea as this makes it easier for others to find and upvote your suggestions.
What Happens to Your Feedback?
The Social Solutions Product team meets monthly to review submitted ideas, comments and priorities. As we review feedback, we set a status to indicate where they are in the development process. You will receive an email notification whenever a status changes on an idea you submit. Statuses include:
- “Awaiting Feedback” – Most new requests will be set to “Awaiting Feedback” so that more people can vote and we can gauge interest.
- “Existing Functionality” – If a submission already exists in Apricot, we will change the status to “Existing Functionality” with a short write-up to point you in the right direction.
- “Planned” – Once a request is high enough in priority, aligns with our product vision, and we plan to implement in the next 12 months, we will change the status to “Planned.” We consider this our design and discovery phase when we interview users, create prototypes and conduct initial testing. Note: If you’ve submitted or voted on an idea, our Product team may reach out to you directly for a discovery session. We love these meetings and taking the time to slow down and understand your situation.
- “Future Consideration” – If the request is high enough in demand and aligns with our vision but is not something we can commit to in the next 12months, we will set the status as “Future Consideration.”
- “Building” – When our engineers begin coding the request, the status changes to “Building.” Time in this status will vary based on the level of effort.
- “Released” – As soon as development is finished on the request, we will update the status to“Released.”
- “Declined” – If a submission does not gain significant votes or priority after six months, we will move the status to “declined.” Additionally, if the idea does not align with our product vision or already exists, we will decline. We will always do our best to explain why we declined a submission.
Ready to Join the Conversation?
Thank you for continuing to inspire and influence the work that we put into Apricot because, ultimately, we build this software for YOU. Do you have a feature you’d like to see added to Apricot or want to share a thought on how to improve things? Head over to our Client Ideas Portal now! We look forward to future conversations.