Acceptable Use Policy
1. DISRUPTION OF THE SERVICES
You may not:
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, SSG’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of SSG’s providers;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measure;
- access or search the Services by any means other than SSG’s publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping”);
- attempt to disrupt or overwhelm our infrastructure by intentionally imposing unreasonable requests or burdens on our resources (e.g. using “bots” or other automated systems to send requests to our servers at a rate beyond what could be sent by a human user during the same period of time);
- interfere with or disrupt the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Service, or by scripting the creation of content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Service.
2. MISUSE OF THE SERVICES
You may not utilize the Services to carry out, promote or support:
- any unlawful or fraudulent activities;
- the impersonation of another person or entity or the misrepresentation of an affiliation with a person or entity in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others;
- activities that are defamatory, libelous or threatening, constitute hate speech, harassment, or stalking;
- the publishing or posting other people’s private or personally identifiable information, such as credit card numbers, street address or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission;
- the sending unsolicited communications, promotions advertisements, or spam;
- the publishing of or linking to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer; or
- promotion or advertisement of products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization.
3. CONTENT STANDARDS WITHIN THE SERVICES
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not SSG, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available or use via the Services.
You may not post any content in the Services that:
- violates of any applicable law, any third party’s intellectual property rights, or anyone’s right of privacy or publicity;
- is deceptive, fraudulent, illegal, obscene, pornographic (including child pornography, which, upon becoming aware of, we will remove and report to law enforcement, including the National Center for Missing and Exploited children), defamatory, libelous or threatening, constitutes hate speech, harassment, or stalking;
- contains viruses, bots, worms, or similar harmful materials; or
- contains any information that you do not have a right to make available under law or any contractual or fiduciary duty (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
4. VIOLATIONS OF THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
In addition to any other remedies that may be available to us, SSG reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate your account or your access to the Services upon notice and without liability for SSG should you fail to abide by this Acceptable Use Policy. If you are a user of the Services under your employer or organization’s account, SSG reserves the right to notify your employer or organization of any violations of this Acceptable Use Policy.
5. USE OF APIs
The following events may lead to throttling or restricted access to product APIs:
- malicious or harmful network traffic detected
- request count exceeding 1 million in each billing month
- request patterns that result in an overconsumption of system resources, such as infinite loops.
You agree to indemnify and hold SSG and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, representatives, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of: (i) Content you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Services; or (ii) your violation of the terms of the Services; or (iii) your violation of any third party’s rights as noted herein.
SSG may modify this Acceptable Use Policy from time to time in its sole and reasonable discretion. We will post any such changes on our website. If you object to any such change(s), your sole recourse shall be to cease using the Services. Continued use of the Services following notice of any such changes shall constitute your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
For questions about this Acceptable Use Policy or any SSG terms or other policies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated November 2020