We surveyed a group of representatives from various foundations and charitable trusts, who we are calling funders, from around North America. Our goal was to discover how funders decide on providing funding to nonprofit organizations.
In our survey, we covered three elements:
- Current, past, and future demands for reporting
- Preferences for information, format, and channels of displaying reports
- Key areas nonprofits report on to present to foundations
We’re sharing the things we learned from polling foundations. Inside this study, you’ll find:
- The top things funders look for in reporting
- Preferred reporting formats
- Changes in reporting requirements
- How funders determine the effectiveness of an organization
- And more!