Saint John’s Program for Real Change is part of a growing national movement, in which nonprofits are using program management software to monitor their agency’s outcomes and quantify their success. Their CEO, Michelle Steeb, advocates for tracking participant accomplishments throughout their time in the program, not just at the end. This allows the organization to get a more accurate picture of how things are working. It also tells them where adjustments may be necessary.
Data management has allowed St. John’s to fine-tune their program to be more appealing to funders. Their data management system has allowed for increased efficacy and that translates into dollars. Steeb said, “When we are able to show that our programs are replicable and proven, organizations are more comfortable with their financial support because they can see the return on their investment.”
If you aren’t using program management software, or if you have one that’s not being used to its fullest potential, now is the time to start. Keep reading for more on the 3 biggest reasons why program management software is essential!
Not sure what data your organization should be collecting? Check out our white paper "12 Types of Data that Your Nonprofit Should be Tracking."
An integrated data management system allows you to store, organize, and manage all of your information within a single software application. This translates to a more efficient office. Free up time for your frontline staff and administrators, so they can spend more time and resources focusing on your mission.
Communication between staff, clients, donors, and volunteers is valuable, but can often be unwieldy. ETO and Apricot allow you to build and maintain communication channels effortlessly. With ETO and Apricot, you can schedule events for staff members, send mailings to donors, and keep client case notes in a secure database.
Communicating well with volunteers is especially important, as it can keep them doing good work for your organization. The Corporation for National and Community Service states that volunteers were twice as likely to donate to a nonprofit as were non-volunteers. With data management software, you can track volunteer activities and connect with them. The days of volunteers feeling out of the loop and dropping out are gone; stay in touch with the push of a button.
Your data should be secured in a variety of ways in your program management software. A good system will offer state-of-the-art equipment and technology to safeguard the confidential nature of your data. Using a secure software system allows you to have multiple users logging in from any location, so staff can make updates in the field.
- Business Intelligence: Dashboards put the most important information at your employees’ fingertips.
- Efficiency: Data entry and program management become easier and more consistent, saving time.
- Customized Solutions: Program management systems can be tailored to meet an organization’s specific needs.
- Robust Communication: Provide the communication channels you need to stay in touch with office staff, donors, volunteers, or clients.
- Reporting: Get reports on diverse activities, from client progress to volunteer hours, in the click of a mouse.
- Security: The security of your information is a very serious matter. Your data is automatically encrypted while in transit between your computer and our servers. When your data reaches the servers, it is heavily secured both physically and electronically. We also back up that data in three different locations, so that you never have to worry about your data getting lost.
Let Social Solutions’ ETO or Apricot software be your performance management system for success. Contact one of our staff and find out how our customizable, secure, intuitive systems can be the answer you have been looking for. You can also find out which system is right for your organization by using our interactive quiz.